Life Style Living Options
Buying a Property
All our available properties are for sale, they can be purchased with a leasehold title and you can freely sell on, providing that they are occupied by people over the age of 50.
Purchasers are responsible for the payment of a monthly Service Charge to cover the expenses of running the estate and there is an annual ground rent.
Please see details of the Service Charge and availability.
Renting a Property
We have a limited number of properties available on short-hold tenancies from £450.00 per calendar month (including Service Charge). Details are available upon request.
The Service Charge
- Items covered by the charge:
- Buildings insurance and maintenance
- Gardening, landscaping and external maintenance
- Window cleaning
- Running costs and rent of Village Club
- Maintenance and lighting of all communal areas
- Maintenance of the laundry
- Salaries of Site Managers and cleaning staff
- Security, fire and communication systems
- Off-site call services
- Management and accountancy charges
- Council tax and Water charges on communal areas (where applicable)
- External painting is charged separately and shared proportionately every five years or when necessary
- Contribution to the Sinking Fund
The charge is payable by monthly Standing Order based upon a budget of projected costs. We work very hard to keep these costs to a minimum throughout the year. At the year-end (September 30th) we issue an account of the actual costs and present these to the residents. Adjustments are made to the individual accounts in respect of the monthly advance payments made.
These services are managed by our associate company: Retirement Services Limited.
Our current charges are:
Old Whittington: £180.00 per month
Melbourne Avenue: £195.00 per month (including water charges)